Plan with Me: Webster's Pages, Colour Crush Planner

This quote currently heads my dry erase board. Decorating my board with inspirational quotes and scripture has worked with keeping me in a positive mood when I sit down to study.


January is on its way out and February is quickly approaching and with a new month up ahead, that means it's time once again to set up my planner.

Last month I did my best to decorate my pages as to minimize the clutter and to leave enough space so that my layouts would be functional. For those of you who may not know, I recently purchased a personal sized Webster's Pages (WP) Colour Crush Planner (CC) and I've been using it to keep track of my class and study schedule as well as my blog posts and numerous lists.

As Trinidad and Tobago is limited in the assortment of washi tape, I've been purchasing most of my planner supplies from a few shops on Etsy and other craft sites like Blisty and the Webster's Pages official site as well. For the month of February I have decided to keep it simple for the most part, especially as it is a short month and because I do not have a whole lot of "love" themed washi or decorations at the moment.


This was last week's spread. I found a piece of cardstock lying around and decided to glue the quote "Believe you can and you're halfway there" by T. Roosevelt onto it, to serve as my inspiration for the week. To the bottom of the weekly page I added my owl washi and just used some thin yellow washi to separate the days.


The tassel I made using some yarn and I followed a tutorial I found on YouTube and I just added the charm that came with the planner onto the tassel for safe keeping.


I am in the process of making some journaling cards that I hope to gift to a great friend of mine once they are done. I will be laminating them and adding holes and possibly tassels to them. I've found journal cards to be the easiest way to spruce up a weekly spread without jeopardizing the space on the page. They are totally customizable and easy to create. To make these I followed Belinda Selene's journal card tutorial that can be found here.


More journaling cards that I made by using blank index cards and gel pens. No calligraphy skills needed at all to create something like this-simply patience and creativity and a little bit of imagination or a Pinterest account.




When planning a scheme for a monthly or weekly layout, I try to work around a colour scheme either based on the washi tape I have on hand or the journal cards that are inspiring me at the moment.

The ones pictured above are those that I have been grouping based on themes or colours that are complimentary to each other. By having an idea of what I want to use in my planner I will be able to plan without having to spend a lot of time doing so.


The inside pockets of my planner now house the washi tape I will be using for the month, a Project Life Card with the name that I gave to the kitten I rescued recently and a few more Project Life cards and a paper clip I made. 



I also decided to rearrange my planner and I've moved the vellum with the word "hello!" on it to the middle of my planner. It now separates the month of February from march. I also added another journal card I made and paper clip as well as one of the pages that came with the planner for inspiration.

Here's a look at what I've done so far for the month of February.


Decorating the title page is a simple way to add colour and inspiration to my planner and to utilize the colours I chose for the month.

I found this quote on Pinterest and I decided to make it my own by writing it out on an index card and using a cut out heart that I got with one of my planner purchases. To add a little more colour to it, I bordered it with washi tape. I'm very pleased with how it came out and for the fact that I was able to use supplies that I had on hand.


Right now this month on two pages is very empty. To add some colour to it I bordered the bottom of both pages with gold and white polka dot washi tape and drew in some arrows and wrote the word "love" in the blank spaces on the side.

The heart paper clip I made after watching YouTube videos. They're not perfect-far from it-but they're getting the job done for now.


For the week of Valentine's Day, I decided to use designs other than hearts and chocolate and other cliche decor, and so I went for a pair of love birds to decorate the header box with.



I decided to chance up the quote "Throw kindness around like confetti" for this spread as I had a lot of scraps from the holes I punched for the journal cards I made. By recycling them, I was able to create my own colour coordinated confetti.

Right now my sticky notes are serving as place holders for upcoming lectures and days off from class for the month.

I don't tend to write things in ink, on my weekly spread until the week of as things frequently change at the last minute.



Well there you have it. How are you planning for the upcoming month? How do you keep track of your daily "to dos"? Do you use a paper planner or do you prefer the ease of utilizing your smartphone and the ability to sync across your devices?

Feel free to share your planning methods and any of your planner spreads with me.










I am not affiliated with Webster's Pages, Blitsy or any of the sites I mentioned in this post. All items shown in this photo were either purchased by me or gifted to me.


No comments