The End of Summer

"School may be hard, irritating and annoying. But admit it, you're going to miss it when it ends."




I survived my first week as a (drum roll please) third year medical student!

My schedule for the year is different than what I grew accustomed to in Years 1 and 2. For instance, I now have clerkships on Mondays and Wednesdays with Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays being stuffed with lectures. It's the University's policy for all students to have Thursday afternoons free. This would allow students to participate in co-curricular activities and of course beat the books badly.

This week was overwhelming. However I'm glad it's over and the weekend is just a few hours away. I will definitely have to manage my time wisely in order to effectively study the new clinical material that will be presented while reviewing the material previously taught during the first two years.

Time is flying! Imagine that, in a matter of months third year will be over.

Here's a copy of my schedule for the year. My first clerkship is Chemical Pathology.




How was your first day back to school? Do share in the comment section below. 

No comments