Hello Summer

“Wherever the art of Medicine is loved, there is also a love of Humanity. ”
― Hippocrates





Hippocrates couldn't have been more right with his statement. The more you love medicine, the more the connection is made with how much you truly love and cherish humanity.  As a medical student I found myself countless times putting my textbooks to the side to enjoy reading or perusing the internet as a means of maintaining a certain level of balance. By doing this, I'm able to give of myself to my studies and to the patients I encounter during my shadowing opportunities.

During one of my "down times" I saw a post by Megz, a South African doctor who blogs over at Barefoot Whispers where she had mentioned the app Figure 1. From then I was hooked! It was as if I found the "pot of gold" at the end of the medical rainbow.

I often find myself scrolling through, looking at the medical cases, reading the comments where doctors and other medical/allied health staff contribute to the treatment and management of patients or merely exchange knowledge.

It's a privilege to have access to such an app which allows one to witness with such ease and convenience consultations and discussions across the globe, and where other interested med geeks like myself can gather to just scroll in awe.

The human body is AMAZING! I'm glad I stumbled upon such an app and as such I want to share it with all of you. It's listed in the resource section of the blog as well.

Thanks to my interest and fascination with such an app, I was afforded the opportunity to apply for the Figure 1 Ambassador Program and guess what! This girl is now an ambassador for Figure 1.

Don't just take my word for it, but check it out and see for yourself how this app is such a great resource for studying for medical exams and discussing classic/rare medical cases with experienced healthcare professionals from around the world. Feel free to check out the app here: http://download.figure1.com/summer2015?m=carad

No comments