From Furnace to Palace

“The greatest breakthroughs happen in the most difficult of times. Expect, believe, and receive it.” 
― Jeanette Coron


The last five months have been interesting, to say the least.

I've gotten married. I've relocated to another island. I've taken on a new role. I've slept in a tent while on call. I've worked without a salary. I've worked a 24+ hour shift while receiving treatment for my own ailments. I've sat and cried and questioned God because, despite all of this, nothing appeared to be going right.

During the last five months, I have never experienced so much frustration and anger. My body through pain tried to get my attention and foolishly I ignored it. Pain is our body's way of drawing light to a problem that is brewing. We are programmed to work through it or to dampen this response with analgesia so we can work more. Well, my body had enough. It is now during this time of rest and healing and also waiting that I decided to spend more time in the word since I've also become prone to neglecting my personal alone time with God.

After disturbing text messages and in light of what seems to be a hopeless situation (the state of healthcare in The Bahamas), I found myself drawing comparisons between my current situation and that of Daniel and his friends. This opened my eyes to the promise of breakthroughs after trials.

As the world is now experiencing a crisis, it is becoming more evident the importance of knowing that this is not the end. There is life after death, and that life can be ours if we accept the gift of Jesus Christ.

Regardless of everything I've endured thus far, I am reminded that during our time of sufferings and tribulations we are to know that 'suffering produces perseverance; perseverance character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.' (Romans 5:3-5)

So friends, during this time of health crisis, recommit your lives to Christ and find comfort in knowing heaven is our ultimate goal and Christ is offering it to us once we're willing to obey his laws.


No comments