Planner Nerd


“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” ― Benjamin Franklin



Say hello to my very own Webster's Pages (WP), Colour Crush (CC) Planner (in Teal).

Since seventh grade, I have had this strong passion for stamping, journaling, planning and anything stationary related. I have had some form or another of planning my days and decided that as my life takes on more responsibility as I advance academically, I would need to have a strong handle on how I manage my time and what better way to do that, than by utilizing a planner system.

My planner took a while to arrive due to change in manufacturer, but I was beyond elated when I opened my package on Christmas Eve. The colour is vibrant, the pages are well designed and as a student with a tight budget the pre-decorated pages are worth the price.

I ordered my planner via an Etsy shop-Memories and Pastimes and I didn't have any problems with the owner whatsoever. She was so professional and always notified me of any changes to the shipping details of my item-which I greatly appreciated-I never had to send multiple correspondences to inquire on the status of my order which made the wait more bearable.




For the upcoming semester, I decided to go with the Teal colour, since I feel it will be an appropriate colour for Spring and it would also be a nice transition into the warmer summer months as well.

The inside of the planner has two slots for cards and a larger pocket for holding other miscellaneous paper goods. I decided to use the slots for storage of motivational Project Life cards, a laminated "To Do" card that I received in my insert order from a fellow planner enthusiast as well as paper clips (which I made) and washi tape samples.

The 'hello!' vellum sheet came with the planner as a welcome to the Webster's Pages family from Webster's Pages, which I repurposed as a dashboard for some Target Dollar Spot page flags and two other page flags that I received in one of my care packages from my high school friend. I was very surprised at their quality as she found them at the Dollar Store. Believe it or not they stick better than the Target Dollar Spot flags.


 I love how the design team at WP's incorporated so much motivational phrases into the planner, as well, especially the first fly leaf with the phrase: "be happy, be bright, be you" I've had a hard time letting my little light shine this past semester, as the coursework was so overwhelming, but I'm certain that this semester and New Year, it will be hard not to "be happy, be bright" or to be myself.



Here's a closer look at one of the paper clips I made-which is a really simple DIY craft and very affordable. The card I also made as well from an image found on Pinterest and I just clued it to the back of card stock paper and inserted it under the clip after a friend printed it off for me at the start of the semester.

The crown pen in the photo was included in my planner insert purchase from another Etsy shop
Vintage Rose Shack and it's attached to a pocket that came with the planner.







"Watch with Glittering Eyes"

 In the photo above, I used the pink envelope that accompanied my stationary order from the Etsy shop Champagne Press  and a postcard from a dear friend of mine and planner newbie, since she thought I would make better use of it, and boy was she right! Thanks girlie!

The owner of Champagne Press is the sweetest person and she is so fun to work with especially on custom orders. In the photo below is part of the card that came in the envelope above that I repurposed because I just couldn't bring myself to discarding it. The paper is sturdy, it has a little shimmer to it and the colour just brightens up the planner in my opinion. What do you think?


Can you tell how excited I am to start using my CC planner? Hopefully as time allows and my planner arsenal grows, I would love to share how I will decorate my monthly and weekly pages and I will do my best to post reviews of stationary items that I will be using with my planner and during my studies as well.



Are you a #plannernerd? Which planners do you use? How do you decorate your pages? Would you like your decorations to be featured on my blog? Feel free to share your thoughts with me in the comment section below. 

No comments